Brian and I were at the National Hispanic Prayer Breakfast


June 15, 2007, 1:00:00 PM
President Bush on Friday said, "I thank you for the chance to come to the National Hispanic Prayer Breakfast. Appreciate the opportunity to be with Hispanic American pastors and priests and community leaders and faith based activists from all over the United States. I thank you for coming, and thanks for having me come. I appreciate your leadership, I appreciate your compassion, and I thank you for your abiding faith in the power of prayer. One of the reasons that America leads the world is that we've always welcomed people who are determined to embrace our democracy and stand for freedom."
20070615.pod.a.mp3
Hillary was also there. She was great. This trip to Washington DC gave me a bigger appreciation for the people that serves us. It is not an easy task.
This was the first time Brian and I were apart from David and Julia and I have to confess I had some moments I just wanted to run to the airport to come home.
But I think it was a good experience for all of us; today, when we were finally together, we were very greatful to be together. It is now one year together as a family and I want to praise the Lord for His Goodness toward all of us.
We celebrated our one year together at an argentinean restaurant - it felt like a dinner on a honeymoon trip - the beuty of relationships based on commitment, of choosing to love and allow another to love you.

No comments: