His Love rules



I have lived moments of doubt, but found the knowledge of what was missing inside to believe.
I have discovered through pain the wisdom of living a humble life.I have experienced fear and found the strength to move on anyways.I have learned these all are but opportunities for growing, when we allow God to work on and through it all.

Doubt is sooooo much versus trust. I want to be always trusting of God’s love and goodness; I have experienced His love and goodness enough times already to not have even the word doubt in my vocabulary, but, it seems the problem is inside somewhere; I have found myself sometimes suspicious of His love and goodness …

Pain and suffering are very humbling tools, mostly when it is out of our control, and most of the time it is; I can’t thing of an occasion where I would not try to run away from pain and suffering if I could … but somehow the experience brings me back to the reminder of my frail humanity and that is humbling.

Fear is the most paralyzing experience I have had … it always try to sell me a way out even thought I feel I can not move anyways … still, knowing what God’s will is for me at the moment always gives me the strength to move towards it.

All through our adoption process we experienced all this emotions, doubt: will God really bring forward this miracle for us? Pain and suffering: we came to this journey through the pain of infertility but we also “lost” an adoption in Brazil. Fear: what if one of the 8 planes we have to take just crashes and we die trying to adopt … I know, there are so many other fear factors in this process that those some 8 or 10 plane rides are just normally ignored when writing our own adoption “fear list”

Today, I see God’s hand all over our adoption journey: His love, goodness, favor and grace. I have learned to see salvation as the ultimate adoption story and that is just wonderful … I am so glad that somehow doubt, pain and fear did not rule our decision when adopting our children and so thankful for the strength that God gave us through knowing that adoption is His will for our lives as a family.

1 comment:

6blessings said...

Perfect post. Going through the adoption process has taught me so much about the love God has for us and has painted a beautiful picture of the life He has offered us.

Adoption is a miracle. Salvation is more!