Prayer request in behalf of good friends

Prayer request in behalf of good friends


I have not blogged in a while and I have so much good stuff to write about. I told myself I have to write about our children’s first 4th of July (POW!!! Was David’s expression for the celebration) and the blessing of having grandpa, grandma and untie Brenda with us for a week bringing soooooo many good gifts: how wonderful it feels to be part of the Knowles family!; I did not understand until now, that David and Julia did not just got a mom and dad that love them dearly but a whoooooole, big and wonderful family that are just as excited with their arrival as we are. We also had a dedication service at our house with close friends and family and Dick Linder, Brian's godfather, a retired missionary from brazil, directed the wonderful service. I will add some pictures on a separate blog so you get an idea of the importance of this moment and will blog about it as soon as I can.

I would love to talk about the way Julia nd David just laugh and get so excited to see us when we come back home after a two hour errands, how they overcame their fear to baths, how well they eat, sleep all night long, and how busy life is these days, etc, etc, etc. but .....

we are just so overwhelmed with really bad news from our good friends in Brazil: As some of you know, Brian and I lead a group of couples in Brazil and one of our leader couples, Brazil and Edmeia, are going through a lot of pain. Edmeia and Brazil have a 6 month old girl that is just a blessing! But two days ago, Edmeia was taken to the hospital: her heart can not pump properly and her lungs got in trouble too. It seems that it all gets back to the pregnancy and the delivery: Her heart got a seizure during delivery and she has very few chances to live according to the doctors. I really wish I could be there right now …. We are so sad, we cry, we pray and we wish and hope that this sickness and health trouble has the purpose to glorify God by a miraculous healing … So I am writing this blog today to ask for prayer for my dear friends: Brazil , Edmeia, Maria Eduarda and their extended families.

We believe that God is a God of miracles .... we have seen it and taste it!!!! and we would love to see a miracle again in the lives of Brazil, Edmeia and Maria Eduarda ...
Please, join me in praying!!!!
Lord, we are trusting in your power, your love and your grace, amen.

2 comments:

Suz said...

Rebeca, I am surely praying. I'm sure it is so hard to be so far away from your dear friends! I'm praying for a miracle!

Deb said...

I am also praying for good news and for you and Brian to have peace while you are far from friends.