Thank you to our new friend Caroline


I actually was at my husbands office that one day … very tired, frustrated, disappointed and very confused.

We tried to adopt an 8 year old boy, Bryan, from Brazil and it did not work out. It is hard to explain how going through so much pain for us and for the 8 year old boy could be part of God’s plan but .. we have no doubts … we don’t understand it all but we know God’s hands were there. We love Bryan dearly but we know we are not his parents. We got to learn on our trip that God is really the father to the Fatherless.

Anyways, we had been back for almost a month, we were re assessing our decision to adopt and … you know what? I think I got to see Caroline’s post on the week of my birthday!!! Now that I think about it … yeah, I just checked .. it was on Friday March 3, and my 40th birthday was that Tuesday February 28th.

So, Brian and I were ready to sign papers for adopting in Hungary and we were supposed to send a good chunk of money that next Monday but I was not feeling peace at all. We were even taking MAPP class … (I know, can you see how confused I was), MAPP is the required training for the willing to foster-to-adopt domestically. We wanted to make sure to investigate all the possible adoption routes.

In my devotional one day that week, I felt that God was asking me to look back at the beginning, when we started this process and not just ask Him for what I thought could be possible, logical, easier, etc but to ask for what I really wanted the time He first talked to us about adopting. So I remembered, we wanted a 2 year old boy from Russia and then I would love a girl form China. I now understand that asking that way you really are asking out of faith.

So, that Friday, I was on the internet, since someone asked us to help this summer to start a hosting program in Miami, yes, we even thought of hosting to adopt!! and that person pointed us to go to this one Yahoo Group called “2HostKids” and there I found Caroline’s post and her blog !!…I just kept remembering that day that God had asked me to go back to my original desire; I started reading and became more and more interested in her story on adopting a boy from Russia … I could feel her excitement and it was very contagious. ..so, I kept reading and reading and found out the agency she was using: Lighthouse, I sent an email to the agency right away and the director, Lorien who is very efficient, answered my email back right away.

Thank you to our new friend Caroline! She really helped us in a big and unique way!

1 comment:

CarolinaGirl said...

Rebeca, thank you so much for such an amazing post. Your email and this post has meant so much to me. Never in a million years when I starting blogging did I ever think that I would help someone. But, I firmly believe that God just doesn't put us in certain situations for no reason. We were in the same situation as you. We truly thought that God had meant for us to be the parents of a 7 year old girl from Ukraine. But, we knew that we were not to be her parents. We had no idea where our child was. It was also on the same board you were talking about that someone mentioned another board. And lo and behold that led us to Lighthouse. God works in mysterious ways. I am so thankful to now be a part of your life. I can't wait to share our journies together. We changed the look of our site and my profile name.. But, it is still me...Caroline. Please keep in touch... God Bless you....