What does an American look like?

A tribute to my sister Debora who became a US citizen today!

The USA is a great country!! And Debora is a wonderful girl!! Congratulations Debora.

Love you puchis!

Well, I remember this one day before elections, I was at the office and the guys were talking about not even getting registered to vote! These very bright software engineers were complaining about the country situation and .. the story of, well, our votes really do not count and … they were Not even going to register to vote!

I could not ignore it anymore, so I got up and said, “You know what, I became a USA Citizen by choice, I used to be a Permanent resident and now I am an American Citizen; you know what changed the day I became an American citizen? That now I have the right/privilege and the responsibility to vote! And I don’t take that lightly!" I am proud to be an American.

It just happened to be the year our Florida votes were counted … how many times?

Debora, we live in a great country but it takes all of us to do our part. A great country is made up of a bunch of great people following the great principles established by our founding fathers. Make us proud.

p.s. I am already so proud of you!!

No comments: