Happy Late Thanksgiving to everyone!

Before and after pictures of David and Mami.














I can’t believe it is already December 1st. wow! I will try to write more post today about our Thanksgiving 2006 before we start talking Christ-mas!

So this is my first update on the last few weeks, at least I am taking pictures so I can remember some of this important moments:

David started calling me Mami just before Thanksgiving!! That is much sweeter than Maaama! Even though Maaama is great! I am so thankful to God for that gift.

I can see David growing to love me more in the last month and also yielding in a very welcoming way to my acts of affection. Two nights ago, while I was singing to him the usual made up songs I have for them, he told me “Mami, mami: amo” Amo means love in Spanish and that is a very much used word on the songs I sing to both of them night. He actually takes my cheeks and looks very close to my face and starts talking stuff like little “secrets” I can’t understand what he says most of the time, but I pretend I do and I just go on with the conversation: he loves to talk! Those are great moments.

He is so active, in his Learning Center, they say he is the one that has the most fun on the playground but the one that falls the most. He is definitely the one that eats the most in his class and then he asks for “more plis”

My mom and I attended David’s Thanksgiving celebration at school and it was wonderful. I asked my mom to take a picture of me with David and then I realized it was pretty much the same picture I took in Moscow on our second trip. I cried when I saw myself kneeling down next to David at the table … but this time I was next to my own son!!!

2 comments:

Eduardo & Cida said...

Que bom ver novas fotos de vocês. Estão todos lindos!!!
Que as bençãos do Senhor continue sobre a suas vidas.

jbustillo said...

Hola , Brian y Rebeca
Hoy descubrimos el Blog, y estamos complacidos y Gozosos en DIOS por el Regalo de sus dos Hermosos Bebes, ustedes conocen a nuestros tres Hijos y saben lo felices que somos y asi lo pudieron observar cuando estuvieron en Barranquilla. Ese dia para ustedes era un anhelo, un sueño convertido en realidad. Disfruten del gran regalo que Dios en su infinita misericordia les ha entregado y reciban todas las Bendiciones para su hogar y que los Bebes sean BENDITOS, BENDITOS, BENDITOS
Les amamos en Cristo , JIMMY, MARGARITA, Pablo David, Daniel David Y Jimmy David BUSTILLO - Un abrazo Bien fuerte desde Barranquilla - Colombia - LO MEJOR ESTA POR VENIR .........