I went Bananas Over D on Friday

D knows we are here to take him home. The kids say ¨”Mama … D …”
They all are vocal about it (mostly the girls) except D, he just cries when he sees us come to the orphanage … he first smiles with great happiness and then it seems as if he remembers the car ride to the photo place and then he cries…
We asked his doctor if he has a favourite food, he said …. He eats it all! “what about bananas?” I asked, oh yes, he said, bananas, apples, everything. We took him outside and he stopped crying. Outside the orphanage as I hold him on my lap facing my heart, holding his Elmo book on one hand and his blue and white teddy bear on the other, I rocked him back and forth and sang a new song:

(Very slowly)
Quien es este ninno
De ojos tan tiernos
Quien es este ninno
Que me dio el Sennor

(Picking up pace)
Su nombre es:
David Mark Knowles
Si le dan una banana
Se la come en un sentar
Saborea una manzana
Se la come y pide mas.

On our way to the orphanage 3, the radio Jazz station was playing a Samba/rock “misturo Chiclets con bananas y Miami con Copacabana” the name of the song is “confusion”.

On Thursday when I sat next to D to have lunch, he gave me 2 kisses …Just had to say that!!! Brian is jealous … he is not the only cool boy with pretty eyes that get to kiss me anymore. Oh and yesterday, the girls at the orphanage gave little gifts, they came by with flowers they picked from the ground, D was kind of puzzled … so once he sat on the grass, he found the biggest branch and he handed it to me…isn’t that sweet!!!

I am in love!!!!!

9 comments:

glo said...

What a prescious wonderful post. You and your baby boy are going to do just fine. So glad the court proceedings also worked out good. My little Elia is "bananas over bananas too" LOL. Lord Bless you and have a wonderful weekend.

CarolinaGirl said...

Oh Wow!! You must be loving this!! I am so happy for you guys. I am so glad that things finally worked out about the ruling. Was Michael your facilitator? Has Vlad been taking care of you? I sure hope that things are going well there. I have to say that I miss Moscow. I hope you get to enjoy Barcelona. I can't wait to read more about your trip.....

Caroline

Jennefer said...

So bananas are the trick, huh? And knowing some great rocking songs. I am glad to hear that you guys are starting to bond.

Anonymous said...

Nós amamos vocês e estamos orando.
Chegamos agora da igreja do Pastor Dutra. Eles disseram que oram por vocês diariamente.

Beijos, Cida

Anonymous said...

Queridos Brian e Rebeca

Fiquem sabendo que eu estou ansiosa para a vinda de vocês para o Brasil.
Tomara que vocês tragam os seus filhos(eles vão ser meus primos por consideração).
Estou com muita saudades de vocês.E estou orando para que tudo dê certo!!!


Beijos,
Ana

Anonymous said...

Muchas bendiciones para tus bebes y tu familia completa.

Que pasen esos 10 dias rapidos para que nos poste retratos de los "bebos" como decimos en Puerto Rico.

Marisol

Suz said...

I'm going bananas waiting for an update! I can't wait to hear more!!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for the coming week. (Today is June 10). We were out of town a couple days last week-end, so didn't catch these last 2 postings until you had left for Spain. SOOOO relieved to hear everything worked out! Hope you're rested now, because you're about to embark on the most incredible journey you will ever take! We've discovered Susannah Kate is the easy one...George is not. She has fit in so well in all directions, and is almost walking. She has learned to climb our stairs, and she "swims" (rather than a true crawl) across any room she can get into. She has opened every cabinet a million times, looks back over her shoulder to make sure we're watching, then shakes her head "no" and sits down. I can't wait to hear of your new family's escapades! Please keep us posted this week...you're in the home stretch! Love, Vicki and Craig

Anonymous said...

Bem, nesta véspera de Dia dos Namorados no Brasil, e vocês dois, sozinhos na Rússia,espero que aproveiterm bastante, pois após os babys aparecerem, bye bye tempo livre, tempo de sossego, tempo a sós, pelo menos por um bom tempo. Caso queiram descobrir como é ser pais e mães, amanhã vocês terão uma imensa oportunidade. Aproveitem todo o tempo, pois este é o único privilégio divino que não volta mais, e estas crianças são o presente mais maravilhoso que Deus dará a vocês. Um enorme BIG BIG BIG beijos curitibanos a vocês. Eu e Cida e a RONI brasileira estamos orando incessantemente ao Pai em favor de vocês.


Bye

Ed