What’s making news around the world these days?

According to the weekly Moscow newspaper Element, the main people in the news were: The biggest star of the world cup, Brazilian soccer player Ronaldinho, is the poster boy for the Nike’s campaign “Jugo Bonito”; The Colombian singer Shakira will be singing at the closing ceremonies of the 2006 World Cup, her song “Hips don’t lie” became the “most played song in pop history” 9657 spins in one week; The American actors, Brad and Angelina, just released the photos of their baby girl Shiloh Nouvel Jolie –Pitt.


Cool news, right! Well in our world, there are also breaking news: As of Wednesday Brian and I are proud parents to two blessed children: David Mark Knowles and Julia Amanda Knowles!!!!

We are family ……. I got David n Julia with me!
We are family …….. come on everybody … Sing (with me)!

I will post photos on my next posts and will tell more details on the events for this week.

We are delayed on our immigration process because Monday was a holiday here and the court did not wanted to count Monday as part as the 10 mandatory wait period … and since today is Friday, and there is still some more paper work to do for the embassy, we will have to stay longer and will probably leave on Wednesday.

Thanks so much for your prayers and support!!

Brian and Rebeca K.

8 comments:

6blessings said...

WOOHOO! I am singing with you. Congratulations David and Julia on your new forever family! Congratulations Brian and Rebecca on the new members! I can't wait to see picutres. It is so encouraging to see someone finishing the process. Hip Hip Hooray!!

Deb said...

Wonderful news! Can't wait to see the new Knowles family picture.

Anonymous said...

We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hapy and excited. We told EVERYBODY at work and I sent out, I can't even remember, e-mails telling the GREAT NEWS. I maid a sign and taped it to the outside of my cube saying "I'M AGRANDPA!" so I was well congratulated. We can hardly wait to get down to your place to see the grandchildren (and of course the proud parents too)that I am counting the days. Soon I'll start counting the hours.
Well I need to do some work before they fire me, so, love to all 4 of you and call us when you get home.
Love grandma and grandpa Knowles.

Anonymous said...

I've been following your story for a couple of weeks, and this is an awesome reason to de-lurk - CONGRATULATIONS on being a forever family. Now the fun really starts! God bless. Anna T. from Puerto Rico

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Congratulations from your church family ! We're praying for a quick and safe return home. Can't wait to see the kids at church.
Blessings,
Raul

CarolinaGirl said...

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you!!. I am sorry that you have to stay longer, but, soooo glad that you have your two beautiful children. Oh my! They are gorgeous!. i cannot wait to hear how your time is going there. We are praying for you guys. This is such great news!!

Caroline

Anonymous said...

Yeaaa! With tears in my eyes, I'm trying to write this between Susannah Kate banging on toys in her playpen and George upstairs protesting going down for a much-needed nap! Just you wait! At least you won't have bio-child-major-sibling rivalry! Speaking of which, this extra time in Moscow with both now under YOUR wings will be remembered forever as the week you REALLY became a family...before regular-life steps back into the schedule. Julia and David can now become brother and sister and get to know eachother as well as you as their parents. It will be crazy, but in many respects, pleasantly simplified for these next days. Take long walks and cuddle on the bed (all 4 of you!) every minute you can. Forget the nice restaurants and touristy things...keep things simple, loving, and fun! Can't wait to hear more! PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW! Love, Vicki and Craig

Suz said...

Hooray! I'm so happy to hear the news. Hopefully the rest of your time will fly and you'll be home before you know it! Can't wait to see pix!