Our children

We are proud to present to you our children: David Mark Knowles and Julia Amanda Knowles. In this picture you will see them in their favorite activity: eating.
Hi Vicky, is funny that you are concerned Brian and I will be trying to go to fancy restaurants in Moscow with our two kids! you know us well! Yes, I know, it sounds just like something we would do, but surprisingly, we hardly get out of the hotel these days. My family will have a hard time to believe this also.

I keep saying it, but I am just not very talented at finding a different way to say it: thank you, thank you, thank you … thanks so much for your prayers and support … the best gift to give to a family in our process is just that: prayer and words of encouragement!

Good news: we are leaving Tuesday morning instead of Wednesday, Yes, What a miracle!!!

We are keeping the kids on their "old" schedule so that there are not too many changes for them: Brian and I get up at 7 am turn the lights on, take showers, get ready, pray together and then we open all the curtains and say good morning! Then, we change the diapers and get ready to go down for breakfast. We eat breakfast at the hotel – I still don’t know if I am feeding them right, I know David is overfed since we had already 3 very messy accidents that required an immediate bath and washing of clothes .. if you know what I mean. I told Brian today at breakfast: “thanks so much for your help” and he almost got upset! He said what do you mean by help? We are a team!!! I am blessed; and he is right this process requires a team.

Right now, Julia is taking her morning nap and Brian and David went downstairs for a little walk. We are having lunch and dinner at the hotel and we all take a nap around 2pm. The hotel has a play area were we take the kids after breakfast and after the naps. It sounds like just normal and easy when I write it, but, it is just our planned schedule, there is always a surprise and a little challenge to the experience.

David and Julia are a blessing and we are actually happy to stay a little longer to bound together in His Love and Provision.

p.s. I will post pictures on a different site and will let you know the address on the next post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nos alegramos com vocês.
Seus filhos são lindos!!! David lembra a família do Brian e Julia tem os traços do rosto da Rebeca. Nestes momentos em que vejo a glória de Deus manifesta, sempre vem a minha mente a seguinte frase: O que Deus faz, Ele faz perfeito.
Quero abençoá-los neste dia com sabedoria e amor do Nosso Pai para que vocês possam ser benção na vida dos filhos que Ele mesmo confiou a vocês.
Eduardo adorou que David está com blusa verde e amarela, afinal estamos em clima de Copa do Mundo e David é filho de um brasileiro.

O Senhor é bom e a sua misericórdia dura para sempre.

Suz said...

Oh Rebeca, they are precious!! Julia's hair so cute. David looks like he is saying "feed ME Mama."

I know you are feeling so blessed, and probably tired too! Are you staying at the Ukraina? If so, I hope you are finding less expensive meals within the hotel than we did!

Can't wait to see more pix!

Deb said...

Your kids are so cute. Sounds like you are enjoying your days there. How great that you get to be home soon.

6blessings said...

What blessings! God is so good! I'm in tears just seeing two more of the lonely set in families (Psalm 68:6). Congratulations! They are beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics.

Anonymous said...

So happy to see this and read all this! Can't wait for more photos. They look happier and more calm than your photos we saw when we were with you in Moscow 7 weeks ago! They were beautiful then,too, but now they have a real Mommy and Daddy and that fact is sinking in!
Word of advice re: the "messy accidents": don't let them have the juice served at the hotel or as we know it. It always tears up a tender stomach. David's situation will settle down. We had some of that once we got home, I think from Susannah Kate eating so much more than she was accustomed to, but hers worked out after about a week. Thankfully, we had no troubles in this regard on the trip (and especially on the plane). Hint: carry plastic grocery or other bags for disposals of such yucky things. And, if I haven't before, let me suggest (you probably have already thought of this): stock up on plain animal crackers (remember those fish-shaped crackers we adults stole from Susannah Kate's stash when hungry and awaiting our meals at restaurants?). Or, if you can get Cheerios, etc., do so and put them in ziplock bags for all occasions - particularly the plane. Those simple crackers were a life-saver for us. Also, I realized upon getting home I hadn't given the baby enough formula to drink daily. Duh...you'd think I could have remembered back 2-3 years to George's habits. No wonder she could go hours on a diaper while we walked all over Moscow! I had heard the orphanage gave her "a bottle in the morning and one at night" so that's what I thought I should continue. I should have thought through that and realized she needed more liquids! Well, I do remember letting her sip water from my glasses, but that hardly counts! So, live and learn. She survived, and is doing SO WELL! She's probably gained at least 5 pounds (and you saw she was chubby to begin with). We're in size 4 diapers now, and she's crawling up our staircase...not quite walking, though. Occasionally she forgets and stands alone for 10-15 seconds! Our girls are at such a cute age! And, David, too, looks so precious and happy. Better run for now. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, BRIAN!!! Love, Vicki and Craig