Baby Shower and other good news

Lola and my niece both enjoyed the Euro Tub we got from my sister Debbie. Then my niece G actually used it and gave the two thumbs up!

We are so excited! as well as … so many other feelings. This is like any other experience I ever experienced before. We are leaving Sunday!!!!!!

Shopping has helped me to keep my mind busy: gifts for two orphanages, two kids and two sets of directors and doctors. I love to buy gifts so I am having some fun.

We also got a lot of gifts on our shower. Actually after returning some gifts that were repeats and the gift cards, we were actually able to buy most everything we had in our list!! That was pretty good! Thanks to my sister, her husband and their little G that behave so well and allowed them to do some planning for the shower.

Thanks for all the messages you have left on my last post … I feel I have so many good friends out there … we really need it. Thanks.

Hey, I did my first attempt to scrap booking for the baby shower.

Our good friends from Sarasota drove all the way here to be with us. Thanks D, C, V and J.

The shower was more like an open house .. come whenever you can and …well as often in our house people stayed until late. Brian made fresh pasta every time a group came by … always delicious. We did not have shower games except for one questionnaire people filled out about our kids .. We also had men and children in our shower so it was not the traditional type but we had so much fun meeting with all of family and friends in our house just before we travel.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Your shower sounds like it was so much fun. That is a neat way to do it. And great that you got everything on your list.
So you travel Sunday! To pick up the kids! Amazing!

Jennefer said...

Congrats on your shower and your quick travel dates. Very exciting. I look forward to reading about your trip.

M and I were sitting in our car yesterday waiting to pick up our son from school and a pregnant teacher and some others were loading her car with baby shower gifts (going in and out of the school). We discussed stealing the lot of them and taking off :). She really had some great stuff!

Brian & Rebeca said...

You are funny Jen :) but yes, I know what you mean, there is a long list of things you need before the children come ... and for you is a brand new experience since you are adopting a girl. I am sure you will get to do a beautiful Baby Girl shower

CarolinaGirl said...

Oh wow you guys!! It seems like yesterday that you were there in Moscow when we were there for your first trip. And here you are now going to get your children!!. THAT IS SOOOOO GREAT!! I know you are leaving today, but, if you read this...did you decide to stay with a host family. If so, I would love to know who it is with so that maybe you can say hello for us. If you do read this. PLEASE tell Vlad that we said Hi and we miss him dearly. He was really great to me!.

Your shower sounded like a ton of fun!. You guys deserve!. You will be going to the our babies orphanage. It is so strange to think that you will be in the same halls as he was. God bless you on this journey. If you are staying the full time...write and I can tell you all kinds of helpful hints for Moscow. I am sure you already know them.

Take care of yourselves!!
Caroline

6blessings said...

Congratulations. I just found your blog linked from Jen's. I am trying to piece together your adoption journey. It seems like you had only a few weeks time between trips. Is that correct? What a blessing!! God truly has taken you guys down some interesting life roads. I pray that He richly blesses you guys and your new family.

My hubby and I are also very mission minded. We have done a few mission stints and it lays heavily on our hearts now. IA was never a far reach for us. Many of the verses you previously posted are ones that are very near and dear to our hearts.

We will continue to follow your story. Congratulations.