Meeting our Kids (part 2)

Remember my picture after meeting our kids? Well, I was not the only one needing a hug (as Suz suggested) We met that night late with our friends in Moscow and they also had their first time meeting their baby girl! We were supposed to meet at the lobby at 7pm and somehow we got all confused, they were waiting for us at Moo Moo’s and by the time we went to Moo Moo’s they were gone, but at the end we met for a glass of wine and beer at the hotel.

I was still worried because Y cried the whole time and they were worried because their girl did not cry at all and just behave very nice!! Can you believe that! So we started talking about our worries and encouraging each other … it was great and needed! (Thank you guys!) .. to have someone to talk to and let it all out and that the person actually understands the situation .. it is just great! I remember the time that one of them was explaining an issue I never heard of concerning adoption and my response was: “What was is it that you worry about so I can worry about” that was it! We just started laughing at ourselves.

I believe we all need to pray for God to bring people around us at the time of our adoptions that we can relate to and socialize with. God provided for us 2 wonderful couples that stayed very close to us and still are today and also God provided some other couples that were just great people to be with at breakfast with whom we had some quick, but somehow deep conversations.

So we survived Thursday! And Friday came. We went to visit D first, since we did not actually get to interact with him on Thursday for he was napping.

Ok, so here we go, my two kids cried when they met us!!! Yes, he cried too! Like a boy, just for a little bit, but he cried and actually just waited for a door to open and he just ran out of the meeting room to the kids room; and because of that, again, we were able to see our son interacting with the other kids and once in his environment he was pretty cool!!

We took pictures and he was very interested in both of our cameras – he likes electronics – and music! His favorite toy in the room was a drum! I know, good-bye to our quite home.
We played and laugh together for a while. Brian got to play with him since he is used to see men he was equally comfortable with both of us; the orphanage director is a man. Ok! So I was not going to say anything, but … I will. Here we go:
So, I was really intrigued why D’s orphanage was considered the best and “richest” orphanage in Moscow and why Y’s orphanage was considered the “poorest” (I really could not see the difference)

Well, we had a different driver this time on Friday and he actually told us that D’s orphanage is the best orphanage in Moscow because it is the only orphanage in Moscow that is run by a MAN!!!! Ok, so I said it! I did not enjoy that comment! May be I am just silly and/or you have to be there. Anyhow, let it go …

So was time to go to Y orphanage. I handed him to the caretaker and as I was leaving I looked back and blew a kiss at him … he smile and blew a kiss back to me!! It just makes me cry even as I write this!!
(To be continued)

4 comments:

Jennefer said...

I am glad that you were able to connect with some other couples in Russia and that you were able to help each other through the process.

I can't believe that they said it was the best orphanage because it was run by a man! I heard that Russia was on the male chauvenistic side.

That is so sweet that your son blew your kiss back to you. What a great goodbye.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! We just love reading your blog, especially when we're mentioned in it! :) On the more serious note -- we were grateful to have met the two of you and looked forward to our times meeting up with you. You both brought so much comfort and encouragement to the most beautiful yet emotional time. We were laughing saying how many emotions can you feel at one time! On to trip two! Can you believe it and thank goodness it looks like we may be there at the same time once again.

Suz said...

Oh boy, it sounds like you really have some great memories of your first trip! I'm glad too that you were able to meet some fellow adoptive parents to bond with. It is so great to know others are at (or about) the same place as you in your adoption adventure!

I love reading your story! Can't wait to hear more!

Suz said...

And you look PRECIOUS in that hat!