Blog from April 25th - We made it to Moscow!!


We made it to Moscow!! The trip from Milan to Moscow was actually pleasant but when we got to Passport control we had to wait 2 hours in line; that just tired us a lot.

Vlad was there to meet us which it was a blessing!! We were so worried he would just leave after waiting for so long. The ride to the hotel took us around another hour. We are so tired; it feels as if we just traveled the whole day, and I guess we did!

I want to thank all of you for your prayers, we have felt the warmth and we really appreciate it! In less than two days we will meet our potential children!!! … I will try to write about our experience with them on Thursday night.

As soon as we made it to the hotel today, I took a shower and then went for dinner to the restaurant at the hotel. Ok, so, Brian and I think that normally hotels do not have good food because it is not their line of business so; we never judge a city’s food just by eating at a hotel restaurant. Today we had no other option; we went to the hotel’s restaurants here in Moscow just now. It actually serves traditional Russian food.

I got to say: wow, it was good! I just have to write the food journal because I borrowed the hotel menu and I have to return it tonight and I just don’t want to forget. I got to learn as much as I can about the culture in a very short time. So you don’t have to continue reading this is just for diary’s purposes. Thanks for visiting our blog and again thanks for your prayers.

For appetizer, Brian had: Far east Red caviar with blines, finely chopped hard boiled egg whites and yolk, crèmefresh, finely chopped red onions and parsley. That would be a great idea for an appetizer to do at a party when our kids come home with us.

I had the Russian Fish soup which is actually made out of salmon, potatoes, celery, wild mushrooms, carrots. Brian does not like salmon, which means no Russian soup for Brian since the other option is Borsch and beets are the only type of food that he actually won’t even touch. Nevertheless, I thought that was a great soup, I am getting the recipe to prepare it for our children. Oukha is the name of the fish soup.

Then, for main entrée Brian had the beef “a la stroganoff” also with wild mushrooms, rice and quail eggs. I had a typical dish from Georgia called “Luly Kebab” which is a sort of kafta wrapped in eggplants with a pomegranate sauce. My entire family would enjoy this dish it is very clever! It also came with a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes and lettuce.

All was delicious! Even the bread was great (I don’t eat bread as I try to watch my carbohydrates consumption)

We also had cappuccinos. When we are in Brazil, I normally have at least one discussion with someone serving me cappuccinos. The thing is that the people in southern Brazil insist that cappuccinos are served with powder chocolate on it. Well, cappuccinos do not contain chocolate when served in Italy nor in Russia, so there!

No comments: